need your recommendations

/// UNDER CONSTRUCTION ///
Welcome to Sofia University’s online message boards! This forum is for everyone who doesn’t speak Bulgarian, so come, join us and have fun!

need your recommendations

Мнениеот Antebellum » 23 Юли 2011, 09:46

Hey, I don't speak any Bulgarian and I'll be coming to Sofia in September. so, i want to ask everything I'm curious about and get some recommendations. I'll be using this topic for it. I'd love you to share your deep knowledge. lol. Thank you very much.
Последна промяна Antebellum на 25 Юли 2011, 18:28, променена общо 1 път
Antebellum
В началото бе словото

Благодарил (а): 4 пъти.

Re: enthusiastic to hear your recommendations

Мнениеот Antebellum » 23 Юли 2011, 13:21

a nice lady has helped me some, by using private message but i also want to ask here to get different ideas. so I copy my question:

"one of the questions i want to ask is, how do i find a roommate who speaks english. I do not want to live in a student dorm with a bunch of guys i don't even know. dorms are usually terrible. I don't want a kitchen which is messed up by people's dirt. I've always been such a hygienic guy lol. and i would also like to learn about the rents of small houses nearby the sofia technical university campus. "

btw, I know this is "sofia university" forum, not technical university. (:
Последна промяна Antebellum на 23 Юли 2011, 23:23, променена общо 2 пъти
Antebellum
В началото бе словото

Re: enthusiastic to hear your recommendations

Мнениеот MidwinterSun » 23 Юли 2011, 14:34

There's a special thread in this forum where people post their ads on finding room-mates, offering places for rent, etc. It's very likely that you''ll be able to find someone you like to live with. : )

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8075 - this is the thread. I don't see any problem posting in English in it since most people speak at least a little of the language but still if an issue arises, you can always contact thegirl, the moderator of the sub-forum - she's a very kind girl and will most certainly help you.
Целта на Истинската котка е да си живее живота мирно и тихо, с възможно най-малка намеса от страна на човешките същества.
Всъщност почти като при истинските хора.
Изображение
Аватар
MidwinterSun
лейди британска котка

Благодарил (а): 317 пъти.

Re: need your recommendations

Мнениеот Antebellum » 25 Юли 2011, 19:47

instead, do you know any good websites in English where I can take a look at flats for rent? it does not have to be so close to the campus, but close enough to go easily. I'm looking for a small cheap flat where i can survive.

those websites that i found by googling seem more expensive than usual. I also checked some websites in bulgarian and they look much cheaper but i cannot understand anything.
Antebellum
В началото бе словото

Мнениеот Pisobella » 25 Юли 2011, 23:39

What do you mean by "cheap" ?... Or how much you think its ok to give for apartment or room?
Honestly, if you`re searching for roomate you`ll find easily (I think so) in the thread that Midwinter gave you. Or maybe you`ll find something that you can afford all by yourself. And most of the people are speaking English, so I think this wont be a hard task to find such a roomate :)

Anyway, for around 150/200euro you can find small apartments to live alone, for ~90euro you can find room and to share kitchen and etc. with other roomates.

Btw are you Erasmus? You can ask for other Erasmus students and find one big flat, so you`ll be togheter and share the rent, if you dont want to pay for small apartment and to be alone.
Изображение
"Искам да мога да накарам светлината да разказва истории в тъмното."
click me !! ---> http://z0r.de/63
Аватар
Pisobella
Автентичната котка

Благодарил (а): 128 пъти.

Мнениеот Antebellum » 26 Юли 2011, 20:25

no, I'm not an Erasmus student. I'll be studying in Sofia for the next 3 years. and i just don't want those 3 years to be spent in a school dormitory. (: I didn't determine a specific limit for rent but I just don't want to overpay for a little cheesy flat. that's why i'm asking. I'm also considering living alone but it may not be a good idea in a new city.

thank you btw.
Antebellum
В началото бе словото

Мнениеот Pisobella » 26 Юли 2011, 22:31

Dont worry, you`ll find frds - even if you`re living alone I dont think that this will be problem.
And if you need help/information about the city, like the public transport, cool places to visit and etc, you can always ask here ;)

Btw if in the Technical university they have something like "Erasmus welcome community" or so, just group of ppl that are helping the Erasmus students (you can ask the Erasmus coordinator in the Technical Uni for such a thing - you must be able to find the e-mail on their website) you can always ask them to help you with the accomodation and so on.
Изображение
"Искам да мога да накарам светлината да разказва истории в тъмното."
click me !! ---> http://z0r.de/63
Аватар
Pisobella
Автентичната котка

Благодарил (а): 128 пъти.

Мнениеот Antebellum » 27 Юли 2011, 21:59

i'll for sure ask some about the city and cool places when the time comes (: im not an erasmus student. but if they do help any international students it works for me. (: thanks a lot, Pisobella.
Antebellum
В началото бе словото

Мнениеот Bleak » 03 Сеп 2011, 22:19

I can help.
Изображение
Аватар
Bleak
От дъжд на вятър

Благодарил (а): 1 пъти.

Назад към Worldwide Students Community